Role: 1x EMC Test Engineer and 1x General Lab Technician
We are on the lookout for an EMC test engineer, and we are also keeping an eye out for a general lab test technician who would normally do product safety and related testing plus flexibility to help with EMC ideally as and when needed.
The right test technician person would have opportunities to move up to compliance engineer level but anyone who was happy to remain as technician would also be fine.
We are very much in the specialised area of product compliance - with a consultancy core supplemented by our testing lab on site.
We help companies get their new products compliant with legislation for target markets around the world and also help importers with due diligence on their intended imported products before they place them on the market.
Management and operation of a modern commercial electronics EMC test laboratory, covering a wide range of tests including:
- Radiated emissions (semi-anechoic chamber)
- Conducted Emissions
- Harmonic Current Emissions and Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
- Radiated Immunity
- Fast Burst Transients
- Voltage Dips and Interruptions
- Opportunity to direct the growth and development of the facility in response to the continuously advancing EMC compliance landscape.
Undertaking compliance consultancy and testing on a wide range of products requiring certification, including, but not limited to:
- Laboratory equipment
- Renewable energy
- Control panels/machinery
- Consumer electronics
Guiding customers through the EMC compliance process, from defining project scope and test planning through to performing the tests themselves along with documentation of results
Liaising with customers, remotely or in person, on technical set-up and testing issues.
Hosting customers who wish to attend testing at our facility.
Conducting EMC non-compliance troubleshooting and helping customers to apply fixes where possible.
Writing technical reports/reviewing engineer's reports.
Ensuring test evidence is comprehensively recorded and reported in a timely manner, working to ISO9001 and ISO17025 practices.
Training of new engineers/technicians and preparation of training material.
Gap Analysis reviews of existing test reports and new standards.
Support the commercial team with EMC related sales queries.
Participation in trade and regulatory group proceedings eg ICMA-tel, EMCTLA, REDCA.
Liaising with company directors to identify new opportunities for sales and development of the EMC facility.
Handle chamber and equipment calibration using third-party service providers.
Various in-service test equipment verification checks.
- 10 years' experience in EMC testing.
- Experience of producing testing reports to specified standards.
- Experience in a customer facing role would be beneficial.
- Problem solving and the knowledge to rectify EMC failures.
- Awareness of Radio Equipment Directive and its implications for products that incorporate radio modules.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and interest in the subject of EMC testing.
- Good understanding of various EMC tests and the principles behind them.
- Salary negotiable, DoE, plus possibility of overtime
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off
- Flexible working times
- Annual discretionary profit/performance related bonus
How to apply?
Please send a CV to (see below)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.