Accounts Payable Clerk
12 Month Contract, Norwich
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our finance department as an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Reporting to the Treasury and Accounts Payable Team Leader, this position will be an integral part of the finance team which currently processes high volumes of invoices, in excess of 45,000 per year. You will have responsibility for ensuring that invoices are processed using an electronic approval system.
This is a 12-month contract position based in Norwich, working hours are 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring invoices are processed in compliance with agreed terms and conditions
- Processing of invoices and credit notes for both goods received invoices and complex service invoices
- Responsibility for ensuring correct coding of service invoices
- To take ownership of own large contract invoices meeting with key vendors to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Dealing with supplier queries either by phone, written correspondence or in person
- Liaising with the procurement team as necessary to resolve issues
- Liaising with other internal departments to ensure processes are followed and queries reduced
- Completing supplier statement reconciliations
- Detailed knowledge of accounts payable function is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Knowledge of SAP accounting package preferable although not essential as training will be provided
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build working relationships
- Ability to use your own initiative and work either on your own or as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to deal with vendor calls in a professional and constructive manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to retain information within the variety of the invoice process
- Flexibility and adaptability to change within the team processes as required.
- Scanning occasionally
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.