To support the l Supervisor and site FM with a lead focus on the 10sc systems, processes and compliance across the estate ensuring they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual framework.
Carry out planned preventative maintenance on various M&E engineering services with focus on critical systems to ensure zero interruption to the client's installations.
Monitoring of all main plant & equipment to ensure a safe working environment for all building users.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services as required on PPM schedule & highlight major defects to management/Helpdesk & implement quotations for repairs, as required. Area of expertise to be HVAC - fan coils , dx units and ahu's.
- Carry out instructions as required, on any M&E works or specific requirements generated through Interserve Management.
- Proactively pursue Fix & Find tasks where you identify faults, raise the task with the respective Help-Desk and effectively repair within the SLAs of the 10SC contract.
- Undertake basic reactive & PPM tasks, which will include fabric, plumbing and mechanical.
- Daily monitoring & responsibility of all main plant & equipment within buildings to ensure designed working environmental conditions are best maintained.
- Reactive attendance to emergency breakdowns plus subsequent fault diagnosis & repair, to ensure the client's business continuity is maintained at all times.
- Communication & liaison with suppliers & specialist contractors for parts & repair requirements, in association with PPM & Reactive activities.
- Identification & reporting of any engineering issues or faults, which will have a detrimental effect on the building environment & will require action by the maintenance team.
- Communication & liaison with specialist subcontractors on scheduled service activities on site, plus
- supervision & assistance to subcontractors on site as and when required.
- Completion of PPM & reactive paperwork for works undertaken, plus any additional check sheets.
- Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hour's emergency response & work.
- Communicate with both management & client immediately on any H&S related issues applicable to the contract.
- Willing to undertake training courses enabling additional support for the contract minimising contractor spend
- Overtime maybe required from time to time to cover the contract requirements
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Building services - city and guilds level 1, 2 & 3 desirable
- FGAS qualified
- Level 3 in refrigeration and air conditioning
- Mechanical Engineering - technical qualifications documentary evidence of vocational training
- L8 Legionella Management desirable
- Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and experience
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment. Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely.
- Extensive previous experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Client facing
- People person
- Able to work on own initiative and part as a team
- Self motivated
- Willing to learn new skills