Air Conditioning Working Supervisor/Contract Supervisor
Birmingham/Rugby/Northampton/Milton Keynes (M1 Corridor)
£34K plus overtime
Our client requires an Air Conditioning Working Supervisor/Contract Supervisor to work in the Birmingham/Rugby/Northampton/Milton Keynes (M1 Corridor area)
For this role you will need the minimum of City and Guilds NVQ Level 2/part 2 in Commercial Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, plus F-GAS. Other competencies like SMSTS, SSSTS, PASMA & IPAF are an advantage, also timeserved and experienced in all aspects of building services and HVAC
The areas to cover are Birmingham down to Euston station along the M1 corridor, also across to Cambridge.
You will be supplied with a vehicle and fuel card along with a laptop and mobile.
Overtime is paid at time and a half, or double time for nights/bank holidays.
On call rota is 1 week every 10 weeks approx. This is paid at £125 for the week regardless of any call outs. Minimum call out is x4 hours.
All specialist refrigeration tools are supplied, but hand tools are the responsibility of the candidate. Hand tools include thermometer and multimeter with amp clamp.
Drugs and alcohol testing plus railway medical would be required before any official job offer given.
A large amount of the work is on railway contracts. Training and competencies will be given for the railway working as this is essential. The sites include signal centres, data centres, maintenance depots, traincare depots, stations, remote relay rooms trackside.
The work includes air conditioning, vent and mechanical. Splits, VRVs, chillers, AHU's LTHW and chilled. I need this candidate to assist me in overseeing installations/project works and service operations, ensuring staff are set up and working safely.
- Assist management in direct oversight of service department's daily operation.
- Participate in assigned long-term contracts, programs and projects.
- Be directly involved in the work delivery department's routine operations by handling repairs/installs and assisting management with administrative duties.
- Prepare quotations for a variety of work.
- Prepare relevant safety documentation for engineers as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with Service director and work closely with the service director toward common goals.
- Advise on equipment, materials and subcontract resources.
- Advise on procedures and identify where change could enhance operational efficiency and productivity.
- Assist in assigning, training & developing the engineering team.
- Work closely with the administration team to ensure quotations are prepared and submitted to the clients promptly.
- Contracts to manage and will be required to develop customer relations with client contact...... click apply for full job details