From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
The Applications Support Team Leader reports to the Software Engineering Manager and is expected to lead and manage the Application Support Team on a day to day basis in resolving issues for users and ensuring the stability of the systems used within Gazprom Energy to keep the business operating efficiently.
The Applications Support Team Leader is responsible for coordinating, supporting and developing a team of application/software support staff within BTS which includes the line management of team members, a continuous development of capability and skills within the team and ensuring new and existing systems are operational and available to users within agreed SLA's.
The Applications Support Team Leader provides expertise in areas of application/software fixes, tuning, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, deployments, support, and documentation of standards and procedures for the administration and maintenance of all supported environments.Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the Applications Support team deliver a professional, high performing support service in line with agreed service scope and service levels.
- Assist with the professional development of team members to enhance skills and promote cross-skilling.
- Carry out effective and timely performance management of the Applications Support Team members in line with Gazprom Energy policies.
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring to Applications Support Team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards.
- Recommend and assist with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided by the Applications Support team.
- Provide clear ownership and resolution of incidents/faults logged against applications/systems supported by the Application Support team to agreed SLA's.
- Provide in-house application support, answer user calls and e-mails to determine user problems through asking appropriate questions and help internal customers resolve issues
- Apply problem solving skills to attempt to debug, identify and resolve issues before escalating to the next level of support
- Develop strong understanding of operation and aim of each system within company portfolio.
- Develop basic technical knowledge of each system within company portfolio
- Improve documentation of support policies and procedures
- Log calls and resolutions through our tracking system
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs
- Substantive experience in a system support or software development role
- Experience of working with an in-house software development team
- Experience of performing in-house support of a 3rd party system i.e. Incident triage and release process
- Experience of DevOps culture or an Agile/Scrum delivery process
- Experience of line management
- Good understanding of SQL Server or Oracle database management systems
- Understanding of web technology
- Knowledge of minor programming/scripting (preferably .net related)
- Responds promptly to client needs and solicits feedback to improve service; meets commitments
- Takes ownership of issues from outset to resolution
- Must be flexible and willing to work to task completion beyond normal business hours, if necessary
- Reacts well under pressure and is comfortable working in potentially high-pressure situations
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; inspires the trust of others
- Must be able to get along with other members of the company and peers
- Takes pride in work product and pays close attention to detail; researches methods by which to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality
- 5 GCSE A-C or higher
- Degree in Computing/Computer Science related subject