Asset Data Technician
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Asset Data Technician.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for the one-off creation of high quality engineering records for Portsmouth Naval Base infrastructure assets in accordance with the prescribed data quality standards. The data sets produced by the Asset Data Technician will be critical to all engineering and technical teams.
- Process 3D point cloud scan and visual data to extract individual asset details.
- Generating floor plan drawings from 3D data models for space planning purposes.
- Use engineering judgement to select appropriate technical classifications in alignment with ISO19650 and enter asset details in template in accordance with defined quality standard.
- Identifying the requirement for, and creating enhanced register data for assets in accordance with required legislation E.G. lifting, asbestos, refrigerant gas, historic, high voltage assets.
- Capture an estimate of asset safety and operational condition from visual images and video audio commentary and calculate asset failure risk.
- Select and assign maintenance task lists and plans for all assets for engineering authority approval.
- Identifying the requirement for, designing and printing safety and identification labels for assets.
Key skills & qualifications
- The individual could have a relevant technical qualification in one of : City & Guilds, Data manipulation or management / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
- The individual must have a relevant technical experience in one of : Data manipulation or management / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
- Experience of SAP preferably with an Asset Management bias would be advantageous
Skills & Behaviours:
- The individual must be a confident and competent user of IT applications with above average skills in Microsoft Excel The individual must be comfortable with making decisions on appropriate data to record where there is uncertain or lacking information in the raw data being processed.
- The individual must be able to work closely with others to deliver consistency across asset records generated by different individuals.
What we're looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location : Portsmouth
Rate : £20...... click apply for full job details