New opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Project Manager in West Suffolk.
Your new company
I am currently working with a construction company who, due to an ever-growing project portfolio, are looking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to join their growing team.
This organisation pride themselves on being the leading provider of bespoke cleanrooms, which are controlled technical production environments. This organisation specialise in designing and constructing complete controlled environments mainly for the pharmaceutical, biotechnological, and aerospace industries, providing all elements of the project, including structural, mechanical and electrical solutions. This organisation work on a range of different projects, including new build, refurbishment, upgrades and relocation of controlled environments, and such projects range in value from £10,000 to £10 million.
Your new role
This organisation are looking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to join their growing team, who has between 1 and 3 years experience working as an assistant project manager, project engineer or project coordinator.
This role will involve supporting the Operations Director in the management of high value projects and coordinating small projects independently with support. The role will also involve assisting the project manager and project team with project delivery, documentation and control, project cost review and control, scheduling, and construction supervision.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with on-site and off-site management to ensure project success
- Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
- Provide clear and consistent communication to clients and project stakeholders
- Processes owner billings and project related accounting issues
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of all projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs such as RFI's and Monthly Valuations
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as required
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and all stakeholders
- Perform risk analysis and management exercises to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Commit to and actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement
- Take ownership
The role requires some travelling, and so you will need a full UK driving licence is required, and you will need to be able to commit to an average of 1 night away per week, and be prepared to travel when needed.
What you'll need to succeed
The client are looking for a dynamic and ambitious individual at the beginning of their Project Management career, who is looking to make a name for themselves within an organisation that offers the opportunity for future progression.
You will need to be comfortable in taking on various tasks that require a number of different skills and be able to appropriately prioritise tasks. Additionally, you will need to be enthusiastic, dynamic and positive, as well as be a good team player, highly organised and a good multi-tasker. You will need to be ambitious and motivated, being driven to develop your personal career in Project Management.
You will also need a degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management (or equivalent experience), as well as 1-3 years experience working as an assistant project manager, project engineer or project coordinator.
The ideal candidate will also have strong experience using AutoCad, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Projects, will possess an SMSTS or CSCS card, and will have Prince 2 Qualification (or equivalent Project Management Certification). An understanding of Cleanrooms, HVAC, Filtration, Compressed Air, Purified Water or Processed Gases would also be a huge benefit. *These are beneficial but not a necessity.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary, ranging between £25,000 and £35,000, which will be negotiable based on experience. Additionally, you will receive the opportunity to work within a leading organisation and develop your project management career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.