Job Title BMS Engineer
Based London, NW1
Reporting to M&E Manager
Hours 40 hours Monday - Friday
Our client is one of the world's leading Estates and Facilities Management maintenance companies. Globally they have a turnover of over £50 billion and 6.6 million occupants across their managed sites.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times on the BMS system with regard to critical building systems. To identify, investigate/rectify and know when to escalate any alarm that cannot be cleared thru the correct channels.
To assist in Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site (controlling BMS changeovers/isolations). Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of Building services with an electrical background, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To deliver the following:
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Monitor the BMS systems of the site and identify critical alarms that would impact the operation of the site and react accordingly in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Ensure the professional image of our client is presented to clients at all times
- Ensure up to date shift logs are kept at all times
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- To remain on site until relieved by incoming shift, or as otherwise agreed by the account management team.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Plan on, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Any other task as directed by the account management team.
- Accountable to the M&E Manager.
- The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good all round knowledge of Building Services, diagnostic and repair procedures, Knowledge of BMS systems and interpretation of alarms.
A good education is essential, with good written and spoken English
Formally trained in electrical/mechanical / BMS Knowledge. Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH
Experience of BMS systems / operating & monitoring. Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria. Good all round knowledge of building services systems, diagnostic and repair procedures
Mechanical maintenance skills
Good verbal communication and written English skills
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Logical problem solver
Calm manner, able to work under pressure. Able to make sound decisions.
Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment. Able to work at heights.
A team player, able to work with co-workers/clients representatives.
Systems to look after on site
- iBMS - Honeywell EBI
- Enercret GSHP system
- Schneider PACiS (HV/LV authorised only)
- Strobics control systems
- Process eng systems (individual PLCs) - DMSO, Cell Banking (LN2), Solvent Delivery System, SFC Delivery, Hydrogenation suite
- Lutron lighting control
- Somfy solar glare system (blind/curtain control)
- Structured cabling (Cat6A)
- GxP Validated system (temp/humidity of GLP/GCP assets - ComVal GAMP5 training/awareness) - standalone EBI server
- Hazardous Area compliance (CompEx trained)
- Functional Safety/Gas detection (Instrumented Protection Systems - mainly hardwired training/awareness)
- Airedale on-rack water cooling system
- Foul drainage tank control system
- Fire system cause and effect
- Security access control system
- RO water skid
- RSF room touchscreens (VHP and lighting scene control)
If you would like to apply for the role of BMS Lead Engineer then please send your CV or call Jake Smith on
...... click apply for full job details