Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally. With more than 74,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years. We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
Within the UK our Gas Engineering team have worked on an unusually diverse range of projects for a wide variety of clients. Including the design of new gas pipelines, pipeline diversions, new pressure reduction, volumetric and storage installations and modifications to existing installations. Increased workload from new project wins means we are continually looking to recruit the right calibre of person to get involved in our interesting and challenging projects. We currently have an opportunity within our Gas Engineering team based in our Birmingham city centre office for you to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs.
As a CAD Technician/Designer you will be working on range of projects for both internal and external clients. Responsibilities may include:
- Production of engineering drawings
- Development of process flow diagrams
- Compiling Material take-offs
- Generation of isometrics
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings
- Site visits and verification of survey data
- Provide design and technical support to project engineers
- Liaising with clients, project managers and other design team members
- Delivering technical quality with the ability to meet project timescales
- Maintaining excellent client relationships
- Have the ability to work individually or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Relevant proven ability within the process or gas industry
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good understanding of relevant National and International industry standards
- Good working knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD and other IT packages e.g. MS Office
- Ideally you will have a gas engineering background and proven ability of working within a design team delivering feasibility, conceptual and detail designs Demonstrable knowledge of using 3D CAD
- Possess BTECH/ONC and have or be working towards an HNC/HND in relevant engineering discipline
- Qualified Engineering Technician within IGEM or similar
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - 'BeyondZero'. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do. We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.