Location: East of England
Cadent was established in 2017, a new company, with a 200 year legacy in the gas industry, following the sale of the gas distribution arm of National Grid.We are focused on what we do best - keeping the energy flowing for our customers. We want to ensure you understand that by applying for this role, you will be applying to join a bright future with Cadent.
We're proud of our story so far and we're super powered up about what our future holds. That's where you come in! Join us as a CDM Advisor and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
You will be reporting to the Pre-Construction PD Assurance Manager/ Design Support.
You will assist in the review of the collation of Pre-Construction Information from the Enabling function which feeds into the work load selection for the mains replacement process. This will aid in the basis for sound engineering decision making on workload selection.
Provision of an assurance regime, alongside Line Manager, (by project sample) for the design activities of the IPO. Assist in the collation of Management Information across all design processes, identification of trends, strengths and weaknesses for management action where escalation is required.
Coaching and mentoring the IPO Design team in provision of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) advice in the pursuit of risk reduced designs utilising the hierarchy of controls and good CDM practices.
Organisation of site visits with design personnel pre and during construction to help better identify hazards on-site to enable sound decision making during the design phase.
Implementation of changing legislative and technical directives in support of the Design Manager.
· Assist in the collaboration between the IPO and CMO Teams for early contractor engagement and sharing of hazard information on the residual Cadent NL asset repository.
· Regular site visits with surveyors, ensuring quality and quantity of work is consistent.
· Aid in the development of staff where necessary to provide Cadent Gas NL the best opportunity for success.
· Conduct CDM 2015 PD assurance audits across all IPO work streams, by random sample, and report against to the Pre-Construction PD Assurance Manager.
· For the MOBS process in particular PD assurance extends to the three Cadent networks EoE, WM and NW.
· Produce reports on CDM compliance for IPO and CMO activities to be shared with the IPO Design Management.
· Ensuring and promoting compliance with Cadent policies, standards and procedures with accountability for effective resolution of any non-compliances identified, including supporting any reviews and investigations as required.
· Effective risk management as required to fully execute the purpose of the role
· Review of Sharepoint folders to ensure compliance H&S file requirements
· Liaise with CMO Health and Safety and Environmental Advisors in the identification of on-site hazards and remedial measures to be reviewed to mitigate risks
· Review incident reports to identify areas of improvement within the design phase of projects
· Extensive knowledge of the requirements of CDM 2015, in particular PD role
· Knowledge of how design processes are developed and implemented in a Utility environment
· Experience in provision of MI to senior managers, with an emphasis on quality
· Ideally experienced in training of staff, senior as well as junior team members
· Experience working with complex engineering assets
· Understanding of regulatory background and framework for the UK
· Strong people management skills
· Experience in developing, coaching, mentoring and progressing capabilities of key operatives
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of influencing at senior levels, and gaining support / commitment from a wide professional group
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to interpret complex technical information and data to construct effective solutions
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
· NEBOSH construction/general, CDM 2015 awareness, Environmental Awareness
· Valid UK full driving licence
· Membership of professional institution relevant to the role, training experience and qualification, quality management training (ISO:9001 or equivalent)
At Cadent we've got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You'll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion , the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities we serve in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We're committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme...... click apply for full job details