Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC's, PLC's, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
As part of our expansion plans, we are seeking a Civil Design Engineer, with appropriate experience (including site work), to join our in-house design team. Candidates must have a background in steel work and RC Structures and below ground work such as foundations, drainage etc or geotechnical would also be beneficial.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and drawing together inputs from our electrical and mechanical teams you will produce original designs for structural or civil infrastructure, including design and detail of temporary works.
- Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
- Preparation of outline designs for tenders within short timescales
- Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
- Provision of support and design proposals to site teams from pre-construction to construction phase
- Responsibility for TW design on nominated projects
- Mentoring of graduate engineers
- Proven ability to undertake civil design to current codes and standards
- Thorough knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
- Understanding of geotechnical aspects relating to permanent and temporary works
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to provide innovative solutions that add value
- IT literate, must be a proficient user of Microsoft packages, have understanding of AutoCAD, with knowledge of 3D design software such as AutoCAD Civil Suite. F amiliarity with popular design software packages also required
In addition to being HND/degree qualified, you will have previously worked in a similar role with a Consultancy or Contractor and a full driving licence is essential. In return, Trant will provide support and encouragement to develop your career and pursue further professional qualifications.
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually...... click apply for full job details