This is an excellent opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join a leading UK environmental and social impact company that helps organisations take responsibility for their climate impact by financing, developing and managing carbon reduction projects around the world.
Our client is looking for an outstanding individual to join and help lead the Client Services team, who can service and develop the existing client base. The ideal candidate will have experience in the carbon markets and/or of providing Green House Gas (GHG) reporting and consulting services to the private sector.
Developing existing client business:
- Preparing a clear annual plan for the development of key accounts to achieve agreed financial targets and ensure this is effectively implemented.
- Taking personal responsibility for the successful management and development of top-tier clients.
- Act as a respected and trusted strategic advisor to clients.
- Working with the Business Development team to input into proposals and ensure smooth transfer of new business opportunities across to client services.
- Supporting the Director of Partnerships in developing new significant channel partnerships.
New business tendering:
- Leading the process in developing proposals for new business with existing clients.
- Ensuring any new proposals are coordinated with Business Development and Portfolio Management.
Supporting colleagues within the Client Services team:
- Ensuring the Client Service team consistently meet high level of service in managing our over 150 highest tier clients as well as achieving the teams financial and impact targets.
- Developing the skills and experience of the client team members, successfully integrating and training new members.
- Planning resourcing across the team to deliver objectives.
- Significant Key Account Management experience.
- Experience in carbon markets is preferred, or alternatively, a background in sustainability or corporate social responsibility.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification is preferred, but not essential.
- You must possess a strong commercial focus, with a proven track record in successfully managing and expanding client accounts and delivering against ambitious financial targets.
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts simultaneously - coordinating colleagues and ensuring delivery against agreed client activity plans.
- The drive to build your career, and play a key role in our client's growth.
- Strong influencing and communications skills.
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills.
- A passion for tackling climate change and achieving sustainable development and a personal commitment to our vision and values.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.