Reed Engineering are working alongside our client who service the Oil and Gas industry who are looking to add a CNC Machinist (Turner) to their team on a permanent basis. You will be based in the South of Aberdeen.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7am - 3pm, Friday 7am - 1pm
Salary: £18 - £23p/hour
Daily Duties -
- Programme, set, and operate CNC Machine to the required standard adhering to engineering drawings and specifications
- Work with materials including carbon steel, various stainless steels, and some exotic steel
- Check information on Route Cards to ensure correct drawings and material have been issued prior to manufacture of components. Then signing off Route Card on completion
- Use measuring equipment together to undertake self-inspection
- Ensure processes are carried out in accordance with company procedures and correctly booking on/off jobs
- Keep machine and work area clean and ensuring tools and equipment returned after use
Candidate Requirements -
- Time-served and relevant engineering qualification
- Previous experience turning experience within a machine shop environment
- Proficient in conversational programming e.g. Fanuc or Mori Seiki
- Driving Licence
If you, or anyone you know would be suited to this role, please forward your up-to-date CV, salary expectations and notice period to .