We are looking to recruit a Coating Technician to efficiently operate a spray booth, by programming CNC or robotic manipulation equipment, selecting and monitoring the process parameters, loading and unloading components and preparing appropriate tooling and masking.
Bodycote operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world's leading provider of heat treatments and specialist thermal processing services and is a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain, employing over 5,700 people in 26 countries.
We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
- Responsible for quality of work and level of production
- Ensure that components are coated accordingly to the quality standards / process documents for each application
- Inspect parts before and after processing to ensure preceding operations have been carried out correctly and to verify that your own work has met the required standards
- To gain a thorough understanding, through training provided and experience, of the factors that affect coating quality and be able to use that knowledge to ensure components are processed to approved methods
- Good housekeeping of own work area and contribute to the general upkeep of the working environment.
- Become familiar with the "check -work-check" process and be committed to a "right first time" approach to all tasks carried out.
- Operate in a safe manner and undertake any training necessary to enable you to fulfil the requirements of your position
- To uphold your statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- To enable the company to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
- Wear personal protective equipment provided by the company
- Ensure a high level of communication to employees, managers & colleagues
- The above responsibilities cover the main areas of the post. The priorities and particular emphasis of the post may change to reflect the needs of Bodycote
- Surface Technology (BST). In addition to these normal duties, as BST is a flexible organisation, other duties may be assigned to you to support the production operation.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Ideally with an engineering background, understand engineering drg's and measurement techniques.
- Operate semi-automatic equipment using pre-determined programmes.
- Numeracy and literate, team worker, concern for accuracy and quality, good communicator, flexible and initiative, customer focused.
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
How to apply:
You may apply by post or e-mail. Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options below. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.