ABOUT THE ROLE
Liberty Speciality Steels currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Combustion Engineer, working within our Process Control department. The Combustion Engineer role involves providing specialist engineering and technical expertise to manage the combustion commitment across the company. The Combustion Engineer is recognised as the expert in this field and is often the last recourse for technical advice, guidance and assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Combustion Engineer will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
- Providing energy information to the Environmental Department for use in energy efficiency improvements
- Developing combustion energy saving schemes and furnace improvements
- Developing maintenance regimes throughout departments, to ensure reliable and efficient operation of combustion equipment
- Determining Liberty Steel Speciality policy for matters of energy efficiency and combustion, in order to ensure compliance with current and future legislation and World's Best Practices
- Providing an in-depth knowledge of combustion systems
- Providing technical information of Proof testing techniques on combustion equipment and carrying out these tests
- Assisting with documentation procedures and testing results
- Maintaining the share point data storage and hard copies for results and templates
- Assisting with temperature surveys and adjustments to improve the temperature uniformity
- Carrying out emission monitoring of furnace stacks including NOx monitoring and to identify any potential breaches against the current environmental permit limits
- Demonstrating knowledge of instrument process control for combustion ratio and combustion equipment
- Assisting in any training requirements for combustion and gas safety. Apprentice training and any new process control technicians.
The successful Combustion Engineer will hold the following skills and experience;
- Will be fully conversant with fuel technology and have practical knowledge of energy consuming processes.
- Will hold a science-based degree or H.N.C. with several years' experience in a relevant branch of engineering.
- Will have a good understanding of computer systems. Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Will have considerable experience of the Steel Industry, with respect to combustion burner and control requirements.
- Knowledge of steel making and rolling plus reheating and finishing processes
- is essential.
- Will have a thorough knowledge of combustion systems.
- Will have proven technical, commercial, organisational and financial skills.
- Will have a good knowledge of statutory regulations and current legislation regarding
- Health and Safety and Environmental matters.
- Will have detailed knowledge of operating systems, standard costing and such procedures necessary to operate as a profit centre.
- 35 days holiday
- Up to 16% combined pension contribution
- Access to Occupational Health
- Career progression
GREENSTEEL - Come and be a part of our vision for a brighter future for the UK steel industry. Our mission is to transform steel and related manufacturing into a global technology and product leader through our GREENSTEEL strategy. Integral to this plan is sustainability, which drives what we do by using renewable sources where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
Liberty Speciality Steels, a division of Liberty Steel, plays a significant part to this plan. We are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip...... click apply for full job details