Commercial Gas Engineer
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP The Verne, DT5 1EQ
Salary: £36K - £39K per annum
Contract: Full time, permanent
Who are we?
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff.
We are three years young, with a head office in London and dozens of opportunities to work across the south of England. But we're growing fast.
It's a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company - and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You will become a key worker which provided job security throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become part of a high-performance organisation which has a people focused culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated, customer-oriented people from all walks of life to bring the right skills to our organisation.
This means you could be on the first rung of your career - or someone who has decades of experience in a technical environment. Or, you could be ex Forces and seeking the ideal place to use your considerable experience in civilian life.
What do we offer?
Amongst the many benefits, you'll enjoy real job security, a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top).
Our company pension kicks in on day one.
People matter to us. Therefore, everyone at GFSL can access impressive health and wellbeing support services. As we reach the one-year anniversary of COVID, we take the safety of our people very seriously. That's why a core value is 'Everyone goes home safe'.
We are seeking a Commercial Gas Engineer to assume responsibility for:
- Ensuring the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply/services throughout the estate.
- Undertaking survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
- Regular supervision of prisoners undertaking quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role heating engineer, gas engineer or similar.
- Qualifications in C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
- Experience of working with commercial catering gas appliances would be beneficial
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Why not apply today and we'll be in touch?
No agencies please.