Commercial Gas Engineer
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Pentonville, N7 8TT
Salary: £36K - £39K per annum + Allowances & Benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
Why join us?
* Key workers status due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The GFSL work environment offers variety, a positive team culture with opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
In addition to stability and job security, if you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one. We also offer health and well-being benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance.
We are seeking a Commercial Gas Engineer to assume responsibility for:
- Ensuring the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply/services throughout the estate.
- Undertaking survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
- Regular supervision of prisoners undertaking quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role heating engineer, gas engineer or similar.
- Qualifications in C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
- Experience of working with commercial catering gas appliances would be beneficial
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like the ideal role, please apply today and we will be in touch.
No agencies please!