NES Fircroft are currently looking for 2 x Commodity Buyers, for initial 12 month contracts based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Working with one of our key oilfield clients, you will support executing sourcing priorities in line with business goals and initiatives for the site.
Additionally, you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short term initiatives and long term departmental improvements.
• Negotiate best cost & delivery, with suppliers; place and follow up on PO's for assigned commodities
• Manage effective working relationships with suppliers for PO execution
• Manage problems and schedule changes to ensure on time delivery
• Update ERP to ensure accurate planning
• Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting
• Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost and lead time reduction
• Works together with high level individuals within the business
• Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
• Work with Commodity Buyers on technical and commercial developments to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
• Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
• Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field
• Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects
• Manage the wing to wing procurement activities for assigned commodities. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience as a Commodity Buyer, within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.