Compliance Manager - Building Services/HVAC
£42k per annum + car allowance/ fuel paid & package
London/Home Counties - Home based with office and site visits as required.
Our client is an established and successful Multi-Disciplined Building Services specialist with a busy presence in the HVAC, Electrical and Energy sectors.
Due to continued growth they require a Compliance Manager to deliver a first-class service upholding their H&S and compliance objectives.
Main role purpose:
- To build strong relationships within the company to improve and deliver compliance objectives as an integrated part of our everyday working practices.
- To promote a Health & Safety culture with the effective implementation of company policies, procedures and responsibilities.
- To create a more sustainable environment culture with the creation and implementation of new company policies & procedures.
Description of role:
- The Compliance Manager (CM) is responsible for enabling all of the Company employees to operate safely whilst working for the Company.
- The CM is the link between engineers, staff and Directors in terms of compliance and Health & Safety.
- The role of the CM is to implement, monitor and audit all of the Companies compliance policies across the four business units to ensure all employees operate compliantly.
- The CM will manage the main policies which are: ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 45001 Health & Safety and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- The CM will both inspire and promote a positive health & safety culture throughout the Company. Focus on maintaining and improving the effectiveness across the Company and the sites we maintain. Conduct risk assessments and regular site and engineer audits.
- The CM will maintain and improve on-line toolbox talks programme content and encourage participation.
- The CM will conduct accident investigations when required. Encourage near miss reporting to ensure safety procedures are improved and lessons are learnt by all employees.
- The CM will undertake an annual strategy review with the Operations Director to determine and implement improvements to all our policies & operations.
- The CM will hold regular review meetings with the Service and Operations managers of each business unit.
- A monthly review meeting will be carried out by the Operations Director.
- The CM will provide a quarterly report to the Board on compliance, accreditations, certifications and quality issues.
Principle duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the ISO 9001 Quality Management policy and its operation
- Manage the ISO 45001 Health & Safety policy and its operation
- Manage the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems policy and its operation
- Manage our trio of gas compliance supervisors ensuring that all regulatory and policy requirements are complied with and our gas compliance policy is up to date
- Manage relationships with customers with regards compliance & audits
- Manage relationships with service and operations managers with regards compliance & audits of their engineers and staff
- Manage and oversee engineer performance via audits and take actions where performance falls below a satisfactory level
- Monitor, develop and improve risk assessment and risk control process
- Sub-contractor management, including all elements of compliance and H&S
- Manage sub-contractor health and safety reviews
- Providing practical solutions to ensure both operational and legal compliance is maintained
- Deliver training as required
- Work as part of the mobilisation team for new sites to ensure health and safety is in place from the outset
- Induct new staff on our health and safety culture
- Implement standardise of Health & Safety equipment
- Relevant trade qualification to Chartered Engineer or Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year's post-qualification
- OR a minimum of 4 years general experience of Building services engineering qualified to HND level or similar
- 4 years of experience working in Compliance
- HVAC knowledge would be a distinct advantage
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
Holiday: In addition to bank and public holidays, the Employee's annual holiday entitlement is 23 days per annum.
Hours of work: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Home working will be your base. You would be expected to regularly work on sites to undertake audits.
Salary: The annual salary would be up to £42,000 per annum.
My client will contribute 4% of the Employee's basic salary
My client will provide a travel allowance and pay for fuel used for company business.
To apply for this position please contact Russ Cleverley at Penguin Recruitment in CONFIDENCE...... click apply for full job details