Construction Manager - Mechanical
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £42,000.00-£65,000.00plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You will be responsible for delivering to the Project Manager the construction phase of a project or projects and associated documentation to meet safety, quality, programme and cost objectives, by implementing the project strategy and using the defined arrangements within the Project Delivery Process, Execution and Quality Plans.
Within this position you will:
- Provide technical mechanical construction expertise/advice throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all mechanical construction works.
- Ensure the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning construction are followed.
- Ensure construction teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles.
- Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map.
- Ensure construction records are maintained to support project handover.
- Responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Experience of Steam, HVAC systems and gases.
- Strong background and technical experience in managing mechanical construction works.
- Must have experience on working on regulated construction sites supervising mechanical works.
- OND/HND/vocational certification (level 6 or above) or equivalent experience.
- SMSTS & CSCS Black Managers Card required.
- Add - Membership of an appropriate professional institution, desirable.
- Needs an excellent understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety cases and SSoW.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people...... click apply for full job details