Title: Cost Engineer
Location: Aberdeen, UK (regular travel required)
Salary: £45k-53k/year (long list of benefits)
Our client is looking for a Cost Engineer to be based in their office in Aberdeen, UK. The desired candidate will be a self-driven and motivated individual, with a strong ability to think strategically and can demonstrate ownership of their own processes. Candidates with technical backgrounds will have an advantage. This position is intended to support operations based in Gabon.
- Responsible to control and monitor costs on a daily basis to ensure that all expenditure is captured and properly recorded. Costs include operating, modifications and life extensions works on an operating FPSO.
- Prepare the Monthly Forecast Cost report for the Asset, including liaising with the key stakeholders and ensuring integrity and completion of report in line with schedule and overall strategy.
- Work with and support the Asset Manager to provide analyses on historic data, benchmarks against technical scope, and other to enable constant visibility and optimisation of Operations.
- Provide cost input to Commercial Manager for all Company variation work and ensure adherence to yearly Budget process.
- Ensure that all costs related to Company Contract requirements are correctly identified and managed in line with work scope, and Company and corporate procedures.
- Work closely with Finance to provide required input for corporate reporting.
- Provide support in the area of corporate cost control activities as directed by the Cost Control Manager
- Provide regular input and feedback to Estimating on all costs (OPEX and CAPEX) related to the Asset.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- other relevant education and/or long relevant experience may replace formal education
- minimum 5 years of experience with engineering/construction experience within the offshore industry, including project control with specific focus on cost control
- previous FPSO experience is advantageous
Desired Skills & Experience
- able to communicate effectively throughout all levels in the organisation
- analytical and organised with good attention to detail
- succeeds in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
- knowledge of costing and estimating Field Development, FPSO, EPC projects and construction only projects
- familiar with requirements of Oil & Gas sector major project delivery processes
- understanding and capability of integrating cost engineering on capital projects
- fluent in English (both verbally and written)
- proficiency in French (oral and written)
- the position will require temporary assignments at project premises or onboard units
- the position will require heavy travel and long working hours in peak periods
If you are interested in this position please apply and a member of our team will be in contact to discuss your application...... click apply for full job details