We are currently seeking an experienced safety and risk professional to provide specialist support to a Decommissioning Team for the Southern North Sea UK. The successful candidate will be suitably qualified with a strong technical background and experience of working within the UK oil and gas industry in a safety risk role.
Responsibilities will include maintaining compliance with legal requirements and internal compliance requirements whilst ensuring risk management practices are fully implemented across the full life cycle of a decommissioning programme. The successful individual must be an experienced facilitator and will be required to facilitate numerous risk workshops, including HAZID/ENVIDs and HIRAs.
Strong organisational skills are needed as the position will own the COMOPS process for Decommissioning Projects, ensuring timely submissions and approvals. You will need exceptional written communication and presentation skills with a keen eye for detail.
The position is based in Norwich, Monday to Friday reporting to Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance Lead. There is an expectation that there will be occasional trips offshore as operations dictate.
Key responsibilities include:
* Acts as focal point for all matters relating to Health & Safety for the Decommissioning Team
* Maintain accurate knowledge of Decommissioning work scopes and work closely with the
Decommissioning Team Leads to influence their effective control of safety performance
* Own the COMOPs notification process for Decommissioning and ensure timely submissions and approvals
* Own the Decommissioning COMOPs HAZID/ ENVID process and facilitate where necessary
* Develop and roll out the Decommissioning COMOPs supporting documents, including ERP, Bridging Document, COMOPs induction process/ booklet
* Provide input and support to the Permits, Licenses, Authorisations, Notifications and
Consents (PLANC) Register and ensure execution against it
* Attend and/or facilitate contractor HIRA's and review actions, as appropriate
* Review Contractor QHSE documentation and provide timely feedback
* Support the Decommissioning risk management processes
* Support the PUK QHSE project audit plan and complete decommissioning audits as required, monitor effective close out of findings
* Support PUK QSHE team on incident investigations for decommissioning programmes
* Support PUK QSHE team with incident reporting and support implementation of lessons learned/corrective actions by Decommissioning Team
* Ensure the incident database MOI is maintained accurately for all Decommissioning programmes in liaison with QSHE team
* Ensure Decommissioning QHSE targets (i.e. KPI scores) are met and assist with the establishment of the practice of continuous improvement through auditing
Provide H&S input to Decommissioning vessel assurance processes and carry out QHSE Assurance or QHSE Inspections at Vessel mobilisations / demobilisations, port calls and crew changes as required
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree-level qualified in engineering or technical/science degree
* Relevant safety qualification
* 5+ years in the Oil and Gas Industry
* Demonstrable experience working in an offshore HSE regulatory framework applicable to the oil and gas industry
* Past experience in development COMOPs notifications and supporting documents
* Proficient in HAZID risk assessment method and relevant past experience in HAZID scope
(i.e. decommissioning, well operations, etc.).
* Proficient in application of PFEER regs (e.g. control and mitigation measures)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Proficient in Bowtie risk assessment method
* Experience in development of Safety Cases
* Trained QHSE auditor
* Trained incident investigator
* ICheme HAZID course
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application...... click apply for full job details