You will be working on Systems Testing / Design Verification Testing across both Manual and Automated Testing where an understanding of Networking is required as it will help you with the Digital Signalling side.
What is in this for you as an experienced Systems Test Engineer?
- Working for an award-winning business that is resilient to the economic impact of Covid19
- Invest in staff and hire for the long-term, encouraged and supported in your career growth
- Get to work on design verification tests for both software and electronics across a breadth of products and user domains
- Central Belt location of Linlithgow
- Are from a Product rather than Services sector testing background, you will be working in a multi-skilled product design teams on physical products
- Regularly work on Verification Testing and by that you regularly run Design Verification Tests where you test product design ( this is not a production role ), both for software and electronics for a physical product
- You also Design Tests to Test the Requirements and you are able to get those requirements so you know what you need to test for
- You Automated Testing and can write scripts as well as run them, scripting in an important part of the role ( any of C# or TCL or Python)
- This is not a services business, it is an Engineering Business so you do need to be comfortable with measurements ( hence people from Physics, Oil&Gas, Electronics backgrounds who moved into testing have done well here as your used to working with measurements )
- You understand the basics of networking (things like IP Filters, IP Setups, IP Patch Structures, Set Up IP Address, Ethernet, Supporting different network protocols etc.)
- May have started life in Software, Computing or alternatively from an Electronics, Physics, Energy, Oil & Gas, Subsea Systems, Semiconductor etc. education or early career routes before moving into testing
MY CLIENT CAN'T CONSIDER TESTERS WITH NO ELECTRONIC / PRODUCT EXPERIENCE.
Advantageous to have:
- Any of the following: IPV4, IPV6, VLAN, Selenium, XPath, CSS, TestRail, RESTful API's
- Knowledge of any of the following: Digital Signals, Packet based Timing, Web UI Testing, Networking, OSI Model, Web based API protocols
To hear more about this award-winning business looking for a long-term hire in Systems Testing where your growth will be supported please apply...... click apply for full job details