Paragon GE is looking for a Development Project Manager for a fixed term contract with an E&P
company in London.
The role will be based in London with regular visits to site in Morocco and eventually move to
Morocco on a residential or rotational basis once the project goes into construction, which can be
discussed. This role has a high potential to go staff.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years industry experience and will have overseen a project from
cradle to grave. Strong technical knowledge of LNG will be required.
Please note that the position is only available to UK and Irish nationals and those currently
residing in the UK with right to work.
Position Title: Development Project Manager
Residential or Rotational: To be discussed.
Staff or Temp: Fixed term contract
Expected package: To be discussed.
To ensure the effective definition, approval and execution of development projects including
facilities, development wells and all the associated infrastructures. Coordinate project planning,
concept selection, concept definition, tender/bidding process and construction up to hand over to
Production. Ensure the successful definition and delivery of the project in accordance with the
agreed project objectives which will include: HSEQ / Technical integrity, Performance, Cost,
Schedule, Company reputation, and Local/ National economic development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACTIVITIES:
* Managing (in accordance with the Company Policies) the Project Development Activity Process,
from the evaluation phase throughout the selection, definition, and execution phases, up to
the hand-over to Operations of a fully operational production system making sure that the
exploitation of the opportunity will deliver the best economic result focusing on value
* Managing/ coordinating a multidisciplinary team for the execution and completion of the field
development in accordance with the approved program, within the budget and to the specified
standards making sure that the allocated human and financial resources are utilized in the
most efficient and effective way to meet the Development Project and Company's objectives.
* Preparing the field discovery evaluation report, framing out all the boundary constraints (i.e.
local legislation, regulatory conditions, first party approvals, local content etc.)
coordinating a multidisciplinary team (geologist, geophysics, reservoir engineering, well
engineering, development planning, etc.); preparing the work program and budget for the
concept selection phase.
* Mobilizing and managing the multidisciplinary team responsible for the execution of the
feasibility study for the selection of the most cost-effective solution for the field
development; including reservoir evaluation, drilling and completion study, facilities
engineering study and development planning for selection of the field development scheme.
* Preparing the field development strategy, including preliminary contracting strategy and HSEQ
plan; preparation of the risk register and the relevant mitigation strategy to address
* Preparing the work program and budget for concept definition phase coordinating a
multidisciplinary team (geologist, geophysics, reservoir engineering, well engineering,
development planning, etc.).
* Managing and supervising the concept definition activities including reservoir model update,
well facilities integrated modelling, preparation of design premises, execution of basic
design/FEED, well engineering design and planning, preparation of project HSEQ plan,
contracting strategy definition and documentation preparation.
* Preparing appraisal well proposals.
* Managing and supervising the bid phase up to contract award; preparing the field development
plan and of the project execution plan, preparation of the FID, coordinating project
approval by the Company and other partners as required.
* Executing and completing the project in accordance with the approved development program and
* Establishing project procedures and policies.
* Coordinating project economics (NPV, Project profits) analysis to complete concept selection
and secure the company objectives.
* Defining and updating projects assumptions for Budget purpose including production profile,
capex, opex, facilities cost estimate, & abandonment cost. Managing day-to-day progress of
the project operations optimizing the use of project budget.
* Management reporting, reporting the project progress and costs trends to Company Management.
* Reviewing and approving the authorization for payments and approving any contract variations.
* Monitoring the project progress and costs and instigating/coordinating actions required to keep
project on budget and on time.
* Obtaining all the necessary approvals and authorizations by State Authorities to run the
development project operations and for achieving certificate of fitness to allow safe
* Supervising and coordinating the execution of the project activities ensuring that the highest
HSEQ standards are maintained throughout all the projects. Waste management and
* Ensuring that all interfaces between the project and other projects (if any, example
Exploration Activity in the area) are adequately defined and controlled.
* Attending Technical Committee and Operating Committee meetings.
* Preparing the necessary certificates to obtain the hand-over to the production department.
* Preparing detailed project and phases close-out reports.
* Managing risks related to the development of the project.
* Managing associated social projects and activities.
* Interfacing when required by the Company with all stakeholders, partners, and contractors.
* Primary contact of JV partners for Development sub-Committee.
* Other duties as required from time to time.
HSE & QUALITY:
* Proactively support company's commitment to occupational Health, Safety, and the Environment
* Proactively engage in corporate risk management activities
* Conduct activities in accordance with all applicable legislation, regulation and Company
policy, codes, and guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Engineering Degree- Ideally Process or Chemical
Required Experience/ Knowledge:
* 15+ years of Oil & gas experience in the E&P Sector
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skilled in:
* Experience in O&G Development projects and onshore production of gas Plants
* Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills
* Staff objective setting, performance management, and development
* Current market knowledge (rates/contactors/ vendors etc.)
* Change/ Project Management
* Risk management
* Integrity/ Problem Solving / Flexibility / Innovation / Decision Making / Spirit of Enterprise
/ Excellence orientation / Effective Communication / Stakeholder Management / Negotiator /
Leader/ Highly organised