Domestic Gas Engineer/Plumber
Due to continued success and growth, JEM Property Services are now looking to recruit a Domestic Gas Engineer - plumber to join our team in Portsmouth.
This position would suit a candidate who has experience in a wide range of maintenance skills and is adaptable to cover numerous tasks within the business and has moved into gas. This may suit an apprentice looking to move to the next level.
What will I be responsible for?
At JEM Property Services, we specialize in delivering high quality, reliable reactive repairs, after sales services and maintenance as well as plumbing, central heating & electrical services across the South of England.
Joining our team as a Domestic Gas Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Attending boiler breakdowns
- Conducting repairs to heating systems
- Boiler and heating system servicing
- Fixing general plumbing leaks and replacing of parts.
- Conducting landlord inspections and boiler installs.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
Candidates must hold current domestic gas accreditations and qualifications, plumbing qualifications and an un-vented certificate. In addition to these qualifications, you will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in diagnosing boiler faults over a wide range of makes and servicing.
- LPG certificate would be an advantage but not essential.
- Boiler install experience an advantage.
- Be able to fit WCs, Basins, Taps, Showers, and baths of all types
- Ability to work as part of a team and un-supervised
- Be of smart appearance with good written skills
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Clean driving license
- Be able to pass a DRB vetting check
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, there is a requirement to be on the out of hours rota covering weekends.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work, you will offer a highly competitive basic salary dependent on experience and a range of benefits including:
- Company mobile phone
- Company vehicle
- Training courses
If you have the technical skills and experience required to succeed, please send a covering letter and CV, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest.