Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- To support the YBS Account Manager in the running of various building within the Bradford / Leeds / Halifax region in a safe and efficient manner.
- To achieve the highest level of service to the buildings occupants in a most cost effective, technically competent and safe manner.
- To coordinate and control sub-contractors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, health and safety, quality and environmental responsibilities, and with a pro-active approach to service delivery and problem solving.
- Liaising with the helpdesk on a daily basis to ensure reactive calls and PPM's are closed off in accordance with the contract specification and current SLA's.
· To provide "Out Of Hours" support and ascertain priorities in an emergency situation, programming and prioritising work accordingly.
- Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests.
- Carryout electrical/mechanical and fabric works as required within your skill set
- Supply quality and profitable quotations for additional works as required.
- Respond to customer complaints.
- Provide input into projects as required.
- Provide input as required for client meetings.
- Notification of changes to contract contact details.
- Notification of any complaints/discrepancies.
- Have a good understanding of exclusions, mitigations and contract SLA's.
- Ensure all works are carried out within the approved budget.
- Monitor and Maintain comprehensive costs within budget.
- Good knowledge of assets that are effected by the exclusion codes, and full knowledge of the correct procedure for those asset that are effected.
- Ensure a client authorisation number exists for all chargeable purchases.
- Assist the Senior Engineer/Supervisor to manage the submissions report on a weekly basis and to ensure closures are in line with the contract SLA.
· Ensure all Purchase Card purchases are backed up with a VAT receipt and that the receipts are attached to the appropriate WRS.
Helpdesk & PPM.
- Good understanding of contract SLA's for reactive and PPM and knowledge of there penalty levels.
- Monitor PPM closures and ensure you are keeping in line with SLA's.
- Ensure job attendances/closures are maintained at or above contractual SLA levels.
- Document and notify the Senior Engineer/Supervisor/Contracts Manager of any PPM changes/variations.
- Identify additions/deletions in a timely manner.
- Assist in the completion of supervisor audits/inspections as requested by the Senior Engineer/Supervisor/Contracts Manager / Health & Safety Manager.
- Complete near miss and accident returns in a timely manner.
- Complete Site inductions of subcontractor labour.
- Ensure all statutory regulations are being followed by sub-contractors and correct records are maintained. (F Gas Regulations, Water Regulations, Ladders Etc.)
· Ensure all local procedure held within the Local procedures file have been read and understood and that the contents page has been signed by all on-site MTFS staff.
- Ensure the correct use of PDA's in line with company and contract procedures.
- Ensure correct use of the email system on the PDA and that emails are read and responded to daily, or sooner if required.
- Assist the Senior Engineer to Maintain WIP file and ensure all jobs are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure WRS are completed correctly for all chargeable works and are returned in a timely manner.
- Ensure Time Sheets are completed correctly and are returned in a timely manner.
- Implement and follow local procedures as and when they are issued.
- Must hold a recognised electrical qualification.
- Must be 17th edition qualified or higher,
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role within the building services sector.
- Preferable has served a recognised apprenticeship in the building services sector.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be a team player.
- Should have a "Can Do" approach and portray a positive attitude
- Knowledge of MS Office applications preferable.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety
Health & Safety responsibilities:
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.