Graduate +1 year' industry experience Electrical Engineer - Building Services
This role does not offer sponsorship.
Your new company
Established in 1953, our client is one of the UK's leading, award-winning, independent building services engineers, focusing on providing specialist service and advice across all areas of Mechanical and Electrical design. They are responsive to today's changing environment, maintaining their knowledge and technical leadership through new products, services and innovations. Founded in Glasgow, where their head office remains, the business has grown organically to 9 offices with national coverage, operating as a collaborative team. They are one of the largest independent building services consultants in the UK and can deliver projects ranging from a few thousand pounds up to national rollouts running to millions of pounds. They are committed to providing 'Best Value by Design', optimising energy efficiency and minimising environmental impact. They have an unrivalled reputation for reliability, technical knowledge and expertise in undertaking new build, refurbishment and extension projects, along with maintaining assets through capital replacement works. Our clients' broad portfolio of services includes Mechanical & Electrical design, sustainability and renewable energy, modelling and simulation, specialist gases and facilities management.
Your new role
- Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge, ensuring production of high-quality drawings.
- Electrical design of lighting, LV supply and small power distribution, earth and lightning protection, fire and voice alarm systems, telecommunication services, low current and extra low voltage services, automatic controls, BMS as well as other related electrical utility systems as assigned.
- Preparation of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents. Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
- Attend tender / client interviews.
- Attend site inspection meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent certified Electrical Engineer.
- Use knowledge of electrical building services to educate designs (HV/LV Power, Lighting, Emergency Lighting, Lighting Control, Fire Alarms, Communication Systems, Lightning Protection, Security and Access Control etc.).
- A minimum of 1 years' post graduate work experience within a similar consultancy or other relevant business.
- A full UK driving licence is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Amtech, Dialux software
- Ideally working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer
What you'll get in return
- A competitive Salary
- A non-contributory pension of 8% (no contributions required by the employee)
- Flexi time
- Hybrid Working
- 36 days of paid holiday including 9 BH holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Paid Professional membership fees
- Up to £600 paid towards dental and optical care
- Season ticket loans for public transport or car parking
- Additional benefits that are tailored to your lifestyle
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.