Fabulous opportunity for a Electrical Supervisor QS (commercial & domestic) to join this growing & very well-established Building Services Company based out of lovely offices in Wymondham.
As the the Electrical Supervisor, you will manage sub-contractors (electricians/heating engineers) & be client facing, but also have the technical expertise required so a professional personality is key!
You should be competent in the surveying, installation, repair, and maintenance of domestic & commercial, electrical & heating equipment/components.
You will be customer facing and competent in undertaking detailed electrical surveys, complete and submit estimates, place material orders, allocate labour (including sub-contractors) and project manage. At the outset the role will involve an element of bespoke domestic and commercial installation, commissioning and certification, including client training and handover.
You will ensure that installations comply with Design, Quality and Installation standards (within estimated costs) and that operational activities comply with Contractual, Health & Safety and latest Electrical regulatory requirements. You will manage a system of costs and work control, as well as compliance on all projects.
The role also offers room for development as the company are looking to push further towards renewable energy (solar, EV charging, power walls etc). The Electrical Supervisor QS role will lead their offering in this evolving and innovative area, recognised by achieving MCS and RECC accreditation
Key duties include:
- Complete accurate and timely Domestic and Commercial electrical surveys, complete estimates, project manage and on occasions carry out bespoke installations
- Support domestic and commercial customers with grant funding application processes. e.g OLEV, UKGov Green Deal, etc
- Project Supervision and site operatives support, inc sub-contractors as required
- Maintain ELECSA accreditation. Carry out Qualifying Supervisor duties as required under NICEIC/ ECA/ ELECSA.
- Oversee PAT testing compliance
- Inform electrical resources of new work methods or procedures, changes in safety regulations, work policies, electrical codes and standards.
- Assist electricians in design requirements to ensure compliance with BS7671 amended to date. (currently 18th edition)
- Ensure statutory and company Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are adhered
- Undertake installation quality checks for electrical and mechanical work streams
- Continually review daily resources/delivery solutions with a view to maximising operational capabilities, delivery, efficiencies, and bottom line contribution
- Assess incoming works for resourcing and planning needs
- Complete all paperwork including labour returns, timesheets and material allocations
- Manage Electrical materials and stores requirements
- Liaise with Operational management team and site operatives day to day issues
- Work alongside operational and commercial colleagues to build,manage and motivate an effective and cohesively performing team
- Ensure timely handover of completed projects against the programme of works, targeting 'Zero' defects at handover
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Installation, Buildings and Structures) or equivalent
- City & Guilds Electrical Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification (2391-52)
- City & Guilds PAT Tester (2377-22)
- Trained in latest 18th edition requirements and Part P registration updates
- Experience of renewable energy electrical surveying, design and installations and EV charging points would be advantageous, although training can be provided
- Experience of domestic and commercial grant funding application processes. e.g OLEV, UKGov Green Deal, etc
- Awareness of Gas, Oil & LPG Mechanical Heating Systems and Controls would be advantageous
- CSCS card holder
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme qualified (SSSTS)
- Microsoft Excel & Word - Intermediate level
- Microsoft Publisher & Project - Intermediate level
- Lone working
- Asbestos Awareness
- Asbestos, Gas, Oil & Electrical Statutory compliance
- Knowledge of CDM and H&S regulations
This is a great role for a great company so APPLY NOW as it's URGENT!
PS Recruits are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the volume of response, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted. By applying to this role your personal details will be submitted to PS Recruits. You can request our privacy statement at any time...... click apply for full job details