PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Job Description - Energy Graduate
Job Title - Energy Graduate
Division/Department - Energy
Grade - Graduate
Office - Scotland (Perth)
Working Hours Full Time
Reports To - Thomas McMillan
This document sets out the primary duties and responsibilities of the above position.
The duties and responsibilities described below are not intended to be exhaustive.
We are looking to recruit a Graduate who has a Science, Engineering, Surveying or Renewable Energy degree to join our energy consultancy team based in Perth. They will work with an established team who tackle a wide range of energy projects across the UK and occasionally overseas.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have capabilities to assist with financial/data analysis of energy systems using excel. They will have the opportunity to work on key technologies such as wind, hydro, solar PV, battery storage, gas CHP, biomass, energy from waste, electric vehicles and heat pumps.
They will support the wider Energy Team in the following specialist areas:
- Renewable Energy Project Development
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- Strategy Energy Consultancy
- Valuations and Transactions
At the end of the 2 year graduate programme there will be an opportunity for the candidate to focus on a low carbon specialism within this team.
Supporting the team in a variety of tasks including:
- Assist in the analysis of energy systems
- Assist in the analysis of operating budgets of energy systems
- Assist in option analysis or feasibility reports for a range of technologies and scales
- Support commercial negotiations by collecting comparable information
- Assist the wider team in valuations, transactions, management or energy audits
- Policy analysis and research of key technologies/sectors
- Writing paragraphs/chapters for reports
- Be enthusiastic about working in the low carbon economy
- Develop their own network
- Be able to travel and attend meetings across the UK and Ireland
In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Has a good grasp of the fundamentals of energy systems
- A higher education in engineering, science, surveying or a technical subject is desirable
- A high standard of written English and numerical skills
- Must be comfortable with basic physics principles and mathematics (further education in these subjects are not required)
- Excel experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to consider commercial aspects of a project
- Ability to present and communicate information and analysis in a logical and engaging way
- Confident and professional appearance and approach
- Need to be competent in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to automate computer based processes
- Good communication skills and be a team player
- Flexible worker - willing to travel
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and Covering letter, with salary requirements, to Helen Forbes ( helen.forbes(at)savills.com )
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS