Please note, this is not an IT Program Managers role.
An Engine Trend Analysis Manager is required for this organisation based in Odiham, Hampshire. The company operates a worldwide engine trend monitoring service to provide early warning of engine problems. Flight data submitted is processed through in-house programs to produce graphical trends for analysis. The Engine Trend Analysis Manager will be responsible for carrying out GPA tasks, and in controlling and supervising the monitoring service
This is a full time permanent position working 35 hours per week, 7 hours per day Monday to Friday, however you will be required to work a 24/7 duty manager rota, normally on a one week basis, on a remote basis in order to carry out routine work to meet requirements for data processing, evaluation, and reporting, including Bank/public holidays and weekends.
- Maintain control and cover of the assigned EMPs - nominally within normal daily working hours.
- Carrying out a period of 24 hour on-call, as the Duty Manager for services, normally for a one-week period on a rota basis. See Duty Manager below.
- Liaise with the other managers, and report to the Operations Manager any concerns connected with the program, data, results, or other technical issues.
- Ensure that the Operations Manager is advised of major issues related to the companies service or its customers.
- Give technical support as appropriate to operators and staff.
- Maintain company and customer confidentiality in all aspects of the duties.
- Carry out tasks to ensure performance targets are met in accordance with the quality control manual.
- Ensure customers receive reports and services in accordance with their contracts and/or as otherwise specified media.
- Comply with and enforce all company rules, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Provide / attend training as required.
- Liaise with the IT department staff in all aspects of computer systems and data control.
- Control all engine performance data from receipt and its subsequent processing, evaluation and reporting.
- Visit or meet customers and potential customers, assisting with sales e.g. business meetings, seminars, exhibitions, and presentations.
- Assist with customer contract preparation and review. Liaising with the accounts department to control costs and assist with invoicing.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping and routine office practices (Microsoft Office).
- Carrying out special projects as assigned.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager in their absence, with responsibility in advising senior management and the IT manager, regarding any significant problems or failures in the service.
- Act as the office manager for that period of duty:
o ensuring all data processing, evaluations, and reporting are carried out in accordance with the Quality Control Manual (QCM) product realisation plan, meeting all the key performance indicators.
o Supervising and directing staff as appropriate to meet the tasks of the day, including administration and general tasks as set out in procedures, and
Provide remote 24/7 on-call out of hours support as the point of contact for customers and company staff, on all matters relating to services, including answering phone queries, processing, evaluation, and reporting of customer data if required.
- Advise and liaise with the Operations Manager in the execution of the duties, and in particular where performance targets will not be achieved in each 24-hour period.
- Provide out of hours support as required, over the weekend and holiday periods, to meet the task.
- Remain available to action customer requests by phone (and email) over the 24-hour duty period, on any advised urgent GPA issues, or any advised Aircraft-On-Ground (AOG) situations, including issuance of trend alerts (advanced warning) within 24 hours of receipt, and advisories (early warning) as appropriate.
- Substantial aircraft gas turbine engineering familiarity, with preferably one of the following: aeronautical engineering degree, aircraft engineering licences, or equivalent experience.
- Held a significantly responsible position for at least 2 years.
- Knowledge of trend monitoring.
- Diagnostic experience and be computer literate, including experience in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Logical and analytical aptitude to apply when making decisions.
- A good standard of written and spoken English and ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels.
- Flexibility and prepared to work on-call to provide support to a 24-hour x 7-days a week operation.
- Honeywell, Pratt& Whitney Canada, GE and Rolls Royce engine experience would be an advantage
If you do not hear from a consultant within 1 week of your application then unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful