AECOM's International Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Team is looking to recruit an Environmental Consultant to join our London based team. In particular, we are looking for an individual with environmental-related experience in the oil and gas sector, specifically ESIA and environmental engineering experience. Similar environmental-related experience across sectors other than oil and gas (e.g. mining, infrastructure, industrials, renewables etc.) will also be considered.
Our work helps clients deliver their projects in environmentally sustainable ways, leading to better outcomes for projects and communities. Our team members gain experience of some of the world's largest and most challenging projects, working with a diverse range of clients in different countries, and across many sectors including oil and gas, power, water, renewables, infrastructure and mining.
You will be someone that would join a vibrant and diverse team; helping us to continue to deliver a high quality service to existing clients and to support in expanding our market share in both established and new development sectors. You will deliver consultancy and advisory services to both internal and external clients to a high level of technical quality and to programme and budget.
You will play a key role in environmental and environmental engineering services on major international projects for our private sector clients and on behalf of international funders. Working as either a member of a multidisciplinary team, or directly for clients, you will undertake work such as environmental baseline studies, Environmental Impact Identification (ENVIID) studies, scoping and feasibility studies, assessments of environmental impacts, identification of mitigation measures, preparation of environmental management plans, environmental compliance monitoring and reporting, design verification, asset assurance and Environmental Critical Equipment (ECE) assessments, etc.
The international ESIA Practice Area sits within AECOM's Environment & Planning (E&P) business, which in the UK comprises over 200 people across approximately 20 offices. In London and the South-East we have offices in Aldgate, Croydon, St Albans, Cambridge and Basingstoke. We work closely with specialists in AECOM's network of offices in over 150 countries. Our geographical areas of focus include the Caucasus Region, Africa, the Middle East, Central/ Eastern Europe and Central/ South America.
You will also play a supporting role in the further development of our Environment and Planning business.
The successful candidate will undertake the following illustrative roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation of environmental baselines.
- Undertake scoping and feasibility studies.
- Preparation of design data and risk registers and liaison with client design and engineering teams.
- Assessment of environmental impacts, defining mitigation and environmental management plans.
- Providing environmental engineering support through involvement in ENVIIDs, design verification reviews, asset assurance and ECE, etc.
- Interpret and record data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and national or international regulations to ensure compliance.
- Delivery of work through well written reports and presentations to clients.
- Conduct specific phases of projects for more experienced consultants.
- Contributing to the preparation of project bids.
- Work under general supervision.
- Demonstrate excellence in quality and Health & Safety.
- You should have relevant experience, including environmental aspects of ESIA and in environmental engineering including knowledge of the key engineering design stages.
- Excellent team working, report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills - with an attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills, including programming, and budget/ financial management.
- Self-motivation and the confidence, ability and experience to provide clear
- Post-graduate qualification or undergraduate degree related to environmental management and environmental/chemical engineering. Candidates with other relevant degrees and professional experience will also be considered.