- The post holder will undertake the role of Water Hygiene Appointed/Responsible person and take control of all aspects of this system from day to day testing and flushing regime to longer term strategy and management of the system. This will be the key role for this position.
- The post holder will liaise directly with the Authorising Engineer (Water) with regard to advice, recommendations and direction regarding water issues and ensure that the Trust Water policy and the HTM 04, ACoP L8 and HSG 274 Parts 1, 2 & 3 are being followed and complied with.
- Will be responsible for organising the site 2 yearly Water Risk Assessment, management of the action plan and organise the close out of any remedial works.
- To be responsible for keeping the Water Hygiene Manuals up to date and ready for audit for any visit or request from the trust, CQC or HSE etc. This also includes the site water system drawings.
- Depending on the post holders skill set either electrical or mechanical, they will start to take more active role in their skill set, as directed by the Head of Estates once the primary role is brought in line, meeting the compliance requirements of the HTM's, ACoP L8 and other legislative requirements.
- The post holder will continue to monitor and direct all matters with the Water Hygiene systems but will assist the development and contractors for the estates department to provide a service of planned preventative maintenance, servicing, repair, calibration, safety and acceptance testing on a wide range of engineering and electrical/mechanical services including highly complex and critical plant and equipment.
- To be responsible for Management of Health & Safety and Infection Control relevant to the staff and services provided and to ensure compliance with the Trust's own Health and Safety requirements, current legislation regarding the provision of Estates & Facilities services eg COSHH, PUWER, HTM's, Hygiene, National Cleaning standards and Environmental Protection etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of working practices to ensure the achievement of safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Water Hygiene, Electrical and Mechanical services
- Professional links are maintained across the Estates department and clinical departments and that the available resources are controlled and used in the most cost-effective way, maintain effective working relationships across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical disciplines within the Trust.
- Assist the Energy Performance Contract (EPC) provider in identifying the savings opportunities by carrying out site inspections, energy surveys.
Main duties and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the day to day supervision of all directly employed maintenance staff including grounds, bank and agency employees.
- To pre-plan and issue out PPM and Work Requests on a daily basis.
- To be responsible for all aspects of plant maintenance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of plant, including Planned Preventative Maintenance and breakdown maintenance, major overhauls and replacement.
- To manage daily basis the effective running of the Computerised Assisted Facilities Management System (CAFM), this is the computerised PPM and Reactive tasks management system.
- Act as Authorised Person/Responsible Person in relation to Water Hygiene and to other specific maintenance responsibilities eg pressure systems, steam raising plant, medical gases, sterilisation equipment, high/low voltage, decontamination, confined spaces, etc.
- As directed by Head of Estates/Operations Manager participate in the Trust wide on-call rota system and will be responsible, along with the Estates Team Managers, Estates Officers in planning the on-call rota and shift to ensure a continual 24 hour cover is provided, all as detailed in Trust policy and procedures.
- Responsible for supervision (whilst on site) and management of contractors- ensuring contractors are made aware of any ward procedures (as applicable). Signs off contractor work once it has been deemed to be completed to an acceptable standard, requesting any rework as necessary.
- Support programme of work and ensure that all maintenance, and other work, carried out by directly employed labour or contractors is of satisfactory, professional and technical standard and is in line with statutory standards, NHS Policy and Trust Standing Orders and Procedures.
- To assist the Trust's Operational Estates Managers and Head of Estates to provide technical advice and recommendations on the Trust's Estate and provide technical advice and recommendations on the Trust's Estate and activities to ensure compliance with statutory standards, legislation, HTM'S, HGN'S and Approved Codes of Practice.
- To raise Virement forms regularly for minor works that are re-charged and when authorised, clear with Finance and arrange for the work to be carried out.
- Maintain liaison and good relationships with other departments and other users of the services provided by the department.
- To ensure all staff comply with Trust's infection control and best practice guidelines, liaise with Infection Control Team as appropriate.
- To support and encourage all staff to minimise the Trust's environmental impact by recycling wherever possible, switching off lights, computers, monitors and equipment when not in use minimising water usage and reporting faults promptly.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Trust's Health & Safety policies and protocols.
- Support management to identify and implement ways to increase staff awareness with regards to energy efficiency.
- Maintain plant and energy using equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and current applicable legislation
- Part of the lift response and release team with authority to release passengers safely. Isolate faulty lifts and only after repairs have been completed by the authorised lift company, accept back into service.
- To regularly communicate departmental issues to the Trust and answer queries from Trust staff and service providers regarding job status regularly.
- To oversee and action work in progress jobs from the CAFM on a daily basis.
- Place orders for contractors to attend site and carry out breakdown maintenance or scheduled maintenance.
- To co-ordinate and administer the departmental yearly stock take as advised by the Finance department in accordance with the Trust SFI's.
- To participate in an induction programme into the job and carry out on job training. To attend training courses in field of work and keep abreast of new technology and new legislation/working practices.
- To ensure all Health and Safety, COSHH and permit working regulations are adhered to at all times. Reporting any non-safe practices or faulty equipment which could affect the safety of them, any person throughout the Trust, or Trust properties.
- To contribute to the compilation of policies, with regard to comments/advise on technical information relating to policies used within the Estates Department as directed by the Head of Estates.
- Carry out regular audits to measure quality and performance of the task undertaken by the team on site.
If you would be interested get in touch.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.