Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We have an immediate requirement for a Steel fabrication/pipe Estimator to join our Offsite Manufacturing & Assembly team based at our Head Office in Southampton. You must have a background in working as a metal fabrication Estimator and duties include but are not limited to;
· Analyse construction drawings and specifications to determine the scope of work requiredby our customer's request for proposal
· Use proprietary software to accumulate and price all required material and labour to complete the work. (EXCEL/AutoCAD/ Inventor)
· Coordinate requests for quotation to all subcontractors needed to complete the work required by our customer's RFP
· Prepare proposals outlining the scope of work and pricing for submittal to our customer
· Assist in the preparation and tracking of contract change orders and subcontract agreements
· Estimate cost for engineering projects, estimate materials or labour requirements as well as time needed for project
· A background in working as a metal fabrication Estimator
· Able to read and interpret structural steel drawings
· Pay attention to detail; must be extremely organized and committed to safety at all times
· Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and staff
· Should be quick thinking and resourceful
· Competent in winning jobs and being able to work independently with minimum supervision
· Can work in a fast-paced environment, able to multitask and estimate numerous projects simultaneously
· Able to comfortably work to and meet deadlines
· Competitive salary
· 24 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing with service (pro rata)
· Free onsite parking
· Company Pension Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually...... click apply for full job details