£50,000 - £55,000 + Car / Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
I have been asked to support finding an Estimator for a division of a tier 1 infrastructure organisation. You will be an integral part of the Business Development team who are responsible for securing contracts in the UK and Ireland in the Green Energy sector.
The Green Energy sector is a new and emerging market for our client, they already lead the industry nationally in essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors.
With business attention currently on projects such as District Heating and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, they provide neat solutions for the supply of low-carbon heat to homes, businesses and public buildings and deliver the future power infrastructure for low emission motoring.
The role on offer provides without doubt an exciting opportunity to advance your career in a new business unit with motivating growth plans.
As an Estimator your responsibilities will be:
- To provide estimating support with bids and contracts to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance.
- To assist and advise the Senior Management Team on commercial influences and risks around any bids.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Subcontractors to produce accurate and timely estimates/cost data.
- To ensure where possible Supplier/Subcontractor prices are back to back with the Client requirements and if not to impact assess any deviations.
- To develop and implement changes to process, following an understanding of a need to improve performance.
- To ensure all estimating functions are undertaken in accordance with internal policies and procedures and requirements.
Essential Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Extensive estimating experience gained within a civil engineering/utilities environment.
- Degree or equivalent in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject.
- Knowledge of the Green Energy Sector, and understanding of how electrical infrastructure and district heating systems are constructed, operated, maintained and decommissioned would be highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and work with staff at all levels.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).
- The ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement, and influence change.
- Ability to react to constant changing workloads.
- Excellent people management skills.
If you are an experienced Estimator who can demonstrate that you meet the brief and you have a desire to be a part of something fresh and different, then we'd be pleased to hear from you...... click apply for full job details