Trainee Assistant Project Manager
Location: Full Time onsite in Clyde
The ideal candidate will have active SC Clearance or be eligible to undergo SC Clearance.
The Experis Academy has an exciting and unique opportunity for delivery-oriented individuals to be trained and upskilled to become highly skilled Assistant Project Manager's working for an international aerospace, defence and security company. This is a great opportunity to join Experis' ever growing Academy division where you will be trained and developed whilst representing Experis on one of our leading engineering accounts. Our Academy programmes train and develop wider talent pools who work towards becoming permanent members of our industry leading customer communities.
We are looking for 'future leaders' who demonstrate the right aptitude and attitude, to be trained and developed to own and to deliver projects in complex and ever-changing environments, within our customer's nuclear submarine space.
Successful candidates must be commercially astute, and possess strong numerical, analytical, and planning and organisational skills. If you are looking to reskill or have a desire to develop your skills in project management, then this could be the opportunity for you. This is a challenging but rewarding role that will require outstanding decision making and problem-solving skills.
As part of the programme, you will be provided with the necessary tools, experience, and training to help develop your skills within project, programme and portfolio management (P3M). You will receive best in class training within the project management framework, covering the full project lifecycle (scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality, and resource planning). Courses will also cover soft skills such as negotiation, conflict resolution, facilitation, influencing stakeholders and emotional intelligence. The training is centred around scenario-based learning, where you will be involved in practical application workshops.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates
- Support the planning, monitor and control of work packages
- Produce and communicate project-reporting data
- Undertake of stakeholder management and communications activities
To fit the minimum criteria to apply, applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with a range of stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Superior analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- A forward thinker who pre-empts potential problems
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills
- Ability to navigate technical conversations
- Previous experience working in a delivery environment within engineering, oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, construction, teaching or any other related field that is outcome focussed.
- Competitive salary based on a 37 hour working week, with bonus opportunities
- Gain an entry point into a market leading aerospace, defence and security organisation and the opportunity to secure a high-profile assistant project management role
- A sophisticated training programme comprised of online and in role training to develop skills in an area that is ever growing in demand
- Gain, highly sort after qualifications in project management including APM Project Management, APM Project Risk Management Level 1 & 2 and APMG Project Planning & Controls Foundation (exam costs are covered as part of the programme)
Other benefits include
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental cover
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Maternity Pay/Shared Parental leave and paternity leave
- Sick pay
To enquire re the opportunity above or to apply in the first instance, pop your CV across to:
Please note I offer referral bonuses worth 300 of Amazon vouchers per placed candidate, should you know anyone suitable for the opportunity, just pop their CVs across to: in the first instance.