Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies and many of the company's products enhance the quality of life of millions through their beneficial impact on the environment, human health and wellbeing. We have built our reputation for innovation, sustainability and employee satisfaction throughout the organisation and global industry.
With the rise of both population figures and consumer expectations, thoughts are turning to how we can make more of the resources we have available. Our Efficient Natural Resources sector helps customers to achieve greater efficiency and optimal yields in the use of these natural resources. Johnson Matthey is the global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research helps to reduce pollution, relieve pain, restore hearing and boost crops. Behind all of this, we're an international business made up of many extraordinary parts. We have been in business for over 200 years. From a single office in London in 1817, we've built a global presence with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are. Our business serves the oil, gas, commodity chemicals, petrochemicals, and fine chemicals industries. We pride ourselves on our technical expertise and the relationships we foster with our customers are built from the appreciation of the knowledge base we can bring to support their business.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Team leader to deliver a Facilities Management Service across the North-East sites (Chilton, Stockton and Teesdale) through leadership of a multi-disciplinary team covering Engineering Systems Assurance, Facilities Management Services and general Site Administration.
· Manage the daily Operations of the Teesside Sites Outsourced FM contract ensuring safe delivery of all services to customer/stakeholder requirements. Services include Engineering, Research and Development, Stores and Warehousing, Reception and Conferencing, Janitorial, Cleaning, Catering and Helpdesk (consisting of over >40 Contractors).
· Lead the facilities team in the development, implementation and administration of the Engineering Assurance systems and procedures across the Teesside sites to ensure control of critical information, engineering inspections, testing, modifications and archived records meet legislative, business and budgetary requirements.
· Lead the facilities team to deliver a fit for purpose administration service across the Teesside Sites. Services include administration of site security systems, global travel booking, compilation of KPI data reports and general admin support.
· Prepare and Manage the Facilities revenue budget, in the region of £1 M for the Teesside sites, and determining scope and supporting the delivery of Facilities capital projects of up to £0.5 M.
· Engage in the negotiations of contractor supplier and vendor contracts (up to £1 M) to secure terms that are in the organisation's best interest.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
· Degree qualified or equivalent with demonstrable experience in safety management (NEBOSHH preferable)
· Experience of working in a Facilities Manager or similar type role, with practical experience of managing FM contracted services
· An uncompromising attitude to working safely - practical experience of implementing safe systems of work and managing contractor/third parties to safety standards
· Experience of line management and team leadership, managing customer and key stakeholder expectations
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence through application of knowledge and experience
· Demonstratable experience of prioritising workloads and maximising efficiency for areas of responsibility
How to apply:Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying...... click apply for full job details