Dornan are currently recruiting for a Package Manager to work on a mixed use development in Knightsbridge. You will be managing the design development, install and commissioning of the life safety systems.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The successful candidate will join an already established M&E Construction team on the Construction phase of this project. The project is a Mechanical & electrical installation and has a project value in excess of £15 million.
The Package Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- To manage all aspects of Fire Safety, regulatory and agreed organisational quality standards from installation to commissioning
- Review project specifications, drawings, and project-specific documents to establish project intent
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs
- Manage the requisition via approved supply chain
- Manage QA of all installations throughout the project
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews
- Conduct an orientation for project technicians and provide all necessary project documentation, including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application-engineered drawings and project contacts
- Track resources and project progress
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities
- Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing; coordinate with QS team and Operations Manager
- Schedule project-specific commissioning resources and provide commissioning documentation
- Expedite the return of project-specific mark-ups for as-built development
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation
- Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors to meet scope, scheduling, and financial requirements
- Adhere to local, corporate safety policies and procedures; report unsafe conditions and actions
The Package Manager technical knowledge:
- Motorised Fire and Smoke Dampers, Smoke Extract Systems, Fire Protection services
- Fire Gas Extinguishing System, Fire Detection and Alarms Installation.
- Life Safety Services including Life Safety Automatic Transfer Switches.
- Gas Suppression
- Security, CCTV and Access control systems.
The Package Manager qualifications:
- CSCS Card
The Package Manager will have the following Experience
- Candidates must have 3-5 years' experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge within Mechanical/Electrical commercial projects
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
**Place of work - The employee's normal place of work will 114A Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4ES, this shall be your normal place of employment unless you are assigned temporarily to another project site. It is a condition of employment that you are available to travel to or work at any of the Company's work locations, project sites or company offices in Ireland, UK or Europe...... click apply for full job details