FPGA Design Engineer
Stevenage - Dependant on experience, MBDAs Bolton or Bristol sites may be an option for location, on the understanding that travel to Stevenage will be required periodically.
SC required before starting Early Starter? No
12 Months Likely To Be Extended
Full Time Flexible WFH Available where possible
FPGA design experience
FPGA verification experience
VHDL language skills
Overview of department:
For this role, we are seeking an experienced FPGA design and verification engineer ( 4+ years), to support the development of our growing portfolio of complex FPGA projects. The current portfolio ranges from advanced signal processing systems (Image\Radio), core embedded processing systems, through to safety & security critical systems.
The role involves working at all phases of the FPGA design and verification cycle; hence, the candidate would be responsible some of the following key activities:
• Generating complex FPGA architectures and design implementations (VHDL, Simulink etc), targeting Xilinx, Intel, Microsemi devices.
• Verifying complex FPGA implementations using VHDL and System Verilog\UVM test-bench methodologies.
• Using FPGA design toolsets and Mentor verification tools (QuestaSim & ModelSim).
• Generating low-level software (C) to facilitate FPGA test and integration with the wider embedded system.
• Configuring and Documenting designs to a high professional standard.
• Working as part of a multidiscipline team to deliver complex FPGA based projects.
• Ideally we are looking for candidates that are degree qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience in FPGA development.
• Competent VHDL Language and Design Skills.
• Competent Verification Skills using VHDL and SystemVerilog methodologies
• A deep proven level of experience designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi FPGAs
• Experience of professionally configuring and documenting designs
• Experience of working as part of a large multidiscipline team