As a FPGA Engineer, you will be a member of a dedicated team of experts responsible for the design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs). You will develop digital and mixed-signal electronic solutions for products such as augmented reality displays, head-up displays, mission computers, fly-by-wire flight controls, active inceptors and other associated safety-critical technology.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with leading, innovative, and cutting edge projects as a member of a very experienced and diverse team.
Your main responsibilities as a FPGA Engineer will involve:
- Providing technical expertise in the development and delivery of FPGA solutions, including: requirements development, producing concept and detailed designs, synthesis and place-and-route, and verification of the design.
- Understanding of FPGA design constraints and their impacts on other engineering disciplines.
- Managing your own tasks within defined schedules and budgets to meet programme needs.
- Delivering design artefacts in support of company standards.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Working knowledge and experience of UVM (Universal Verification Methodology) constrained random verification
- Proven knowledge of FPGA technologies, development tools and techniques
- Experience of working in an FPGA development team
- Experience of digital hardware design for FPGA using VHDL
- Experience and knowledge of video processing and control law algorithms
- Experience of working to DO-254
Working knowledge of the following tools would be advantageous
- Mentor Graphics ModelSim, Questa Prime
- Vendor specific tools, e.g. Vivado, Libero
- Configuration management tools, e.g. Git
- System development tools, e.g. SysML, Matlab, Simulink
- Requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS
What we're looking for in you:
You will have good interpersonal skills. You will have an innovative approach to developing technical solutions. You will have the ability to work to tight timescales and budgets and have a positive "can do" attitude. Flexible on site working.