A leading UK Maritime Defence company located in Rugeley, Staffordshire have a requirement for 5 Contractor FPGA Engineers in the power converters and motors group.
Reporting to the Head of Power and working closely with the FPGA Lead, you will join their established multi-Engineer project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost-effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
You will work within an FPGA focused team environment where co-operation, innovation and thoroughness are essential to develop FPGAs that successfully meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities for the FPGA Engineer role will reflect your skill set and level of seniority. Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to implementation, verification and validation of programmed devices.
Wherever possible, we will consider a variety of working options to suit your lifestyle, whether that be hybrid home/office working. We welcome the challenge to work in new ways and have trust in you when getting the job done because we recognise, our business is our people.
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, RTL coding and physical stages
- Definition of the conceptual structure and architecture of FPGA designs
- Writing and execution of test-bench code and other IV&V activities
- Adherence to safety related standards and processes and contributing to their development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using MATLAB/Simulink modelling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations