Improvements in technology, proliferation of programming skills, and a huge increase in data and the speed at which it refreshes in European energy markets requires a new approach in the way in which analysis is performed, consumed, implemented and traded. Therefore, SEE established a central team for the development of fundamental analysis and systematic strategies to profit from this increase in the volume and complexity of data.
The scope of the Fundamental Analytics Team is to provide data, tools and analysis to the entire SEE Trading desks and to provide specific fundamental trading strategies that add value directly to the bottom line. This team will ensure that the analysis provided is directly linked to the proprietary decision making within the organization. It also coordinates the distribution and development of tools as well as insights on a cross commodity basis across the Trading Teams.
Key accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Fundamental analysis of European gas market at high level of precision and detail, covering production, transport, storage and consumption across different geographical locations.
- Development of fundamental forecasting models using various quantitative methods.
- Improvement and automation of existing analytical methods.
- Communicate in clear and concise manner with the trading desk analytical results and support gas traders analyst in conducting ad-hoc analysis.
- Expand gas analysis platform through collaboration with IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math/Science/Engineering/Economics
- Experience in a analytical / quantitative function at a trading house, investment bank or energy consultancy.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to collaborate across teams.