Annual salary: up to £30,064.55
Full Time - Permanent - Up to £31,000 + Van + Fuel Card
Do you want to work for one of the UK's leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Gas Engineer to join our repairs and maintenance division.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK's leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
A positive contribution towards the communities that we serve is something that we always adhere to. It is with the help of our dedicated employees that we're able to make this happen. Our main focus is to build and improve homes within local communities to better the lives of others, all while maintaining our approach towards the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers and families within the wider community.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm's Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Gas Engineer to join our expanding team to work within a busy repairs team. You will be responsible for carrying out a range of gas work to our clients housing stock to ensure that gas appliances and installations which are worked on are safe for continued use.
In this role you will mainly carry out repairs and breakdown work. Your area will cover the North East
What you need to have:
- Qualified to City and Guilds/ Gas Service Engineer standard and hold appropriate ACS certification
- Good understanding of current legislation, building control requirements and governing body requirements
- Ideally previous domestic, social housing experience
- Extensive "on the job" experience
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £30,064 per annum
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Sarah Tarry , otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further