Hourly rate: £16.25
Full Time - Permanent - £16.25 per hour
Do you want to work for one of the UK's leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities and works to achieve high standards?
We are currently recruiting for a Gas Engineer to join our Repairs and Maintenance team in Brechin.
Who are we?
MPS has been caring for residents' homes for over 25 years. As part of the Mears Group we offer partnership solutions and expertise in estate management and property maintenance.
We deliver a range of property services, including delivering reactive repairs, planned and cyclical maintenance services to over 100 local authorities and housing providers nationwide.
What we are looking for:
A positive contribution towards the communities that we serve is something that we always adhere to. It is with the help of our dedicated employees that we're able to make this happen. Our main focus is to build and improve homes within local communities to better the lives of others, all while maintaining our approach towards the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers and families within the wider community.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing central heating boilers and other heat producing appliances relevant to the contract as well as maintaining and repairing the ancillary equipment associated with central heating installations such as pumps, tanks, valves and water pipework.
With appropriate experience of working in the Gas Industry in relation to the installation and maintenance of gas appliances, you will be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the safety procedures required to carry out the work and will also have the ability to understand and interpret work instructions, drawings and work in line with our current standards.
What you need to have:
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you are gas qualified and hold current Domestic ACS in the categories of work required. You will have completed your NVQ2 and NVQ3 in plumbing and heating, will be gas safe registered and will possess installation experience. It is also essential for you to hold a full UK driving licence.
What's in for you?
- Competitive hourly rate - £16.25
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please email or contact Balazs Zeles at Mears, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.