Annual salary: up to £36,000.00
Gas Engineer - Servicing & Breakdown
Full Time + Permanent
£36,000 Basic Salary + Overtime (Significant earning potential OTE)
Van + Fuel Card
Do you want to work for one of the UK's leading housing service providers in the UK? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Gas Servicing and breakdown Engineer to join our Housing division covering Peterborough, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, and the surrounding areas.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK's leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Servicing and Breakdown Engineer to join our expanding team to work within a busy team, delivering repairs to over 18,000 properties. You will be responsible for carrying out a range of gas work to our clients housing stock, ensuring that gas appliances and installations which are worked on are safe for continued use.
What you need to have:
- Qualified to City and Guilds/ Gas Service Engineer standard and hold appropriate ACS certification
- Previous domestic, Ideally, social housing experience
- Extensive "on the job" experience
- Servicing & Breakdown experience is essential
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- £36,000 Basic Salary + Call Out & Overtime (Potential OTE)
- 20 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
For further information please contact Jake Talbot in the Mears recruitment team, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.