Gas Heating Engineer - Birmingham
£30,000 - £34,000 + Van and fuel
To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies. Assist other trades as work load requires.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the sites M&E Plant and Equipment and Fabric Services.
- Able to undertake works on electrical and heating systems for planned and reactive works.
- Compliance with and record keeping for ISO 9001/14001 Quality Management System and management of the Quality, Health, Safety + Environment responsibilities on the site.
- Undertake and assist in reactive repairs to the sites M&E systems.
- Prioritising and undertaking reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
- Where necessary supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including Induction and issuing of authority to work / permit to work as per procedures.
- Formulating Risk Assessments and Method Statements when required.
- Attending monthly team meetings with on site team, including toolbox talks
- Liaising with QHSE or Contract Manager when internal audits are conducted
- Assist the contract / business in creating innovative tools or creating new innovative ideas to facilitate the maintenance to the contract.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements. Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- Ensure a professional image is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- CCN1, COCN1 CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, CEN1, ICAE1
- City & Guilds 2079
- NVQ 3 Install / Service and Maintenance discipline i.e...... click apply for full job details