Gas Supervisor - Covering Herts& Home Counties
Are you qualified and experienced Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, Gas Supervisor seeking a new role? If so, then contact us today as we want to hear from YOU!!
You will joining a new decision of a highly successful maintenance contractor and work directly for the Gas Manager. As it's a new team we would expect you to be hands on and help out where necessary whilst you assist in build the team and pick the talent you want to join and build a strong team with engineers with a first class attitude.
Whilst being hands on you will also Supervise and manage on a day to day basis the gas service program, repair works &/or breakdowns / Installations as required. You will be responsible for a team of Gas Operatives and Sub Contractors who will be carrying out a range of gas work to our clients housing stock to ensure that gas appliances and installations are worked on are safe for continued use,. Safety is paramount of this roles ensuring that you safeguard the service users, members of the public, client's personnel and employees from any potential danger associated with gas.
Your duties will include -
- To monitor and control the work & drive the Health & Safety culture within both the team assigned & the gas team as a whole.
- To monitor progress and completion of works from the Operatives and Sub Contractors through the MCM system to achieve the KPI requirements of the Client.
- Assist your team to provide a comprehensive gas maintenance and installation service within domestic premises, the work must be carried out in accordance with the relevant regulations, standards and departmental procedures.
- To monitor engineers existing stock and the collection of materials as and when required to meet works orders, in accordance with standard operating procedures for purchasing and van stock control compliance
- To carry out informal and formal meetings and training sessions to ensure up to date business and job knowledge, communication, skills & progression are maintained. This includes but is not limited to training, re-training, toolbox talks, 1:1's, probation reviews etc.
- To highlight any safeguarding concerns to the relevant customer and Community officer within branch as early as possible to ensure they liaise with the client in accordance with the safeguarding policy.
What are we looking for?
Qualified to City and Guilds/ Gas Service Engineer standard and hold appropriate ACS certification or an equivalent qualification for any of the aforementioned
A positive attitude.
Knowledge of Gas Safety Regulations and current gas standards and industry best practice.
Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
Experience of working in Social Housing.
Experience of supervising Operatives and Sub Contractors...... click apply for full job details