Annual salary: up to £34,122.71
Full Time, Permanent, £34K plus Company Vehicle
Have you been in the gas & plumbing trade for a minimum of 3 years? Are you confident in surveying, creating quotes for new and replacement installations?
Have you supervised a team of two or more and want to support our team of Gas Engineers?
If so, then an incredible opportunity has opened up within the Mears Group for a skilled Gas Supervisor to monitor and control work within the Yorkshire and Humber areas. As gas supervisor will join our team from our office in Leeds but will work and support across the entire Yorkshire area.
As a Gas Supervisor you will report directly to the Gas Manager, and be responsible for a team of Gas Engineers. Your role will need to supervise and successfully manage, on a day to day basis, the operation and delivery of a Gas Repairs, Servicing and Maintenance
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK's leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm's Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
A positive contribution towards the communities that we serve is something that we always adhere to. It is with the help of our dedicated employees that we're able to make this happen. Our main focus is to build and improve homes within local communities to better the lives of others, all while maintaining our approach towards the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers and families within the wider community.
What we are looking for?
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing central heating boilers and other heat producing appliances relevant to the contract as well as maintaining and repairing the ancillary equipment associated with central heating installations such as pumps, tanks, valves and water pipework.
With appropriate experience of working in the Gas Industry in relation to the installation and maintenance of gas appliances, you will be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the safety procedures required to carry out the work and will also have the ability to understand and interpret work instructions, drawings and work in line with our current standards.
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you are gas qualified and hold current Domestic ACS in the categories of work required. You will have completed your NVQ2 and NVQ3 in plumbing and heating, will be gas safe registered and will possess installation experience. It is also essential for you to hold a full UK driving licence.
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary - £34K
- 25 days annual leave (based on full-time hours)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Sarah Tarry at Mears Group, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.