Company: Finning (UK) Ltd Number of Openings: 2 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: As a field service engineer in the EP Team you will be tasked with responding to customer's field repair and service requests diagnosing and providing comprehensive detail about the nature the problem to the customer and Finning to create a quote as per the request of the customer within a cost and time effective manner.
Location - Birmingham, Cannock, Staffordshire, East Midlands - Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Chesterfield, Leeds Job Description:
Major Job Functions
Working within Finning's industry leading field service department, and for the largest CAT dealer in the UK and Ireland, you will be at the forefront of the companies on site diagnostic and repair capabilities for Caterpillar products such as the maintenance and repair of Diesel and Gas powered generators
As a Finning Engineer you will receive:
- Salary: £40,800 - £45,700 basic
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Annual Bonus
- Annual Tool Allowance
- Access to company share scheme
- Healthcare benefit (claim costs back of everyday health costs i.e. dentist, opticians,
- up to 8% pension
- Laptop and phone & company van
- Industry leading CAT product training
- Retail discounts
Your duties will be to:
- Provide an estimate of arrival time at customer's site in response to service request based on the job instructions from Branch giving details of customer location, machine, contact name and nature of problem and current work situation.
- Contact customer's site management in order to register arrival and presence on site and ensure knowledge of customer procedures so as to adhere to site requirements.
- Diagnose the likely cause of reported equipment problems, in discussion with customer operators/supervisors and using specialised equipment, in order to provide the customer with an information for the work required. Provide a comprehensive detail to allow Finning to construct a quote as requested by the customer.
- Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and requisition any parts and determine expected time of delivery so that a date and time of any necessary service re-visit can be agreed with customer.
- Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan, removing and despatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
- Identify the minimum skills that are required of the job or position (not the employee) to perform the job successfully and competently.
- Work autonomously on own initiative and also well as part of a team
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships across all levels of the business.
- Motivated and dynamic self-starter
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work in high-pressured situations and to tight deadlines.
- Effective problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Undertake a local site risk assessment prior to commencing service work
- preparing an appropriate method statement in line with standard situation procedures and principles, or discuss rectification of site circumstances with customer and/or Finning supervisor so that all work is carried out in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Inspect and test completed machine to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels, reporting any further defects or suspect conditions to the customer to support the ongoing operational effectiveness of the machine.
- Finish the service reports and warranty documentation to enable the correct and timely charging of the customer and suppliers. Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Identify the minimum levels of education and experience required to competently perform the job. These requirements are related to the position and may not necessarily reflect what the employee may have
- LDV driving licence
- Formally apprenticed trained (NVQ Level 3) and served as an engineer for a significant period in a relevant industry, i.e Electric Power, Marine
- Experience of a variety of Heavy Diesel and Gas powered power generation equipment essential.
If you would like to join for a global organisation offering industry leading training and a competitive package then apply online today
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do notdiscriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.