Our Birmingham based Environmental Liability Solutions team are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Consultant to join us in our work on contaminated land and remediation projects. In joining us you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of geo-environmental assessments including EIA on large development infrastructure. You will support the delivery of services to private and public sector clients including developers, global companies, the nuclear industry, regulatory bodies and government agencies; including the Environment Agency, Homes England, Highways England and local authorities. The team also support other AECOM business lines where their projects have a contaminated land and remediation interface and who are involved in the delivery of multi-disciplinary design, build and construction schemes. Nationally our team is one of the largest and the Birmingham office has an established track record in successfully delivering land contamination assessment and remediation works.
We are now looking to enhance and grow this with someone who is proactive in their approach to work; and who wants to share in our enthusiasm and determination to support our important client-base. The team provides services ranging from desk studies, site investigation, risk assessment, remediation (strategy development, design, implementation and validation), monitoring and close-out on a wide range of contracts.
The successful applicant will provide project management and technical support. The role will involve a mixture of site and office work and will include Phase I/II contaminated land assessment, remediation projects, EIA for large infrastructure. The successful applicant will be expected to plan and manage fieldwork and contractors, obtain and interpret geo-environmental data and undertake the technical reporting of that data within a fully supported environment. The appointed person will be expected to take on project management tasks including, for example, making the necessary arrangements prior to the start of fieldwork operations, assisting in setting budgets and managing project fees and expenditure.
Further responsibilities include:
-ensuring that H&S issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
-working within a team, undertaking desk studies, site investigations, laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretive report writing.
-assisting project managers in developing proposals.
-co-ordinating field-based subcontractors and supervising ground investigation works.
collection of soil, groundwater and gas samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at various sites in the UK.
-compilation and interpretation of field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models.
-learning the AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals.
For this role you will ideally hold a strong undergraduate degree in an environmental, science or engineering based subject with relevant work or voluntary experience. We are particularly looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification and relevant experience in industry/consultancy preferred
- Project management and client-facing experience (business development experience would be preferable)
- Field investigation experience (including drilling, working with subcontractors, collecting groundwater and vapour data/samples)
- Experience of working in a corporate environment (within/outside of environmental consultancy)
- Self-starting and highly motivated approach to workKnowledge:
- Good understanding of contaminated land investigations, data review and risk assessment
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong team worker - able to listen to requirements and work well with the wider team
- Degree (MSc preferred) in Geology / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science.