Our Bristol based team is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Consultant to join us in our work on contaminated land investigation and remediation projects across SW England and beyond. We are now looking to enhance and grow this team with an individual offering fieldwork skills and a desire to further develop these skills along with the development of wider site management capabilities.
- The role will include field work, data assessment and interpretation and reporting for a range of investigation and monitoring projects, with opportunities to work on larger remediation, construction and infrastructure development projects.
- Candidates need to be confident in completing field work tasks to a high standard including health and safety responsibilities, good time management, lone working, supervision of site investigation subcontractors and with a willingness to travel. Full technical training will be provided.
- ensuring that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the project.
- co-ordinating field-based subcontractors and supervising ground investigation works including the management of site H&S and the oversight of contractors.
- collection of soil, groundwater and gas samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities.
- co-ordinating with laboratories to secure appropriate and timely analysis
- completion of borehole logs and compilation and interpretation of field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models, ahead of qualitative risk assessment.
- learning the AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals.
- working within a team, scoping, completing and reporting projects including desk studies, site investigations, remedial works, and post construction monitoring.
- assisting project managers in developing proposals for ground investigations and remediation projects.
For this role you will ideally hold a strong undergraduate degree in an environmental, science or engineering based subject and a proven track record within this field, with relevant work or voluntary experience. We are particularly looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Good understanding of health and safety aspects of contaminated land site work, including CDM Regulations
- Good understanding of drilling, trial pitting and soil sampling techniques, soil logging to BS5930, and proven ability to manage subcontractors.
- Good understanding of field techniques used in groundwater, gas and vapour monitoring and how to collect high quality samples including QA/QC.
- Good understanding of UK contaminated land industry including how site data will be used, interpreted and risk assessed.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in sometimes challenging conditions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable liaising with clients, colleagues and sub-contractors alike.
- Flexible with working hours and locations, frequent travel within 1 - 2 hrs drive of home office, and further afield for some projects.
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organised and able to manage multiple tasks
- Bachelor's of Degree